okay it was months.
happy now? Happy?!
anyway, moving on
so, punctual as ever, here I is.
First off, here be the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Give those bloggers 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated
Now that is a VERY good question, to which my answer is 'yes'
2 Do you prefer series or stand-alone book?
It depends, mostly I like stand alones because you don't feel beaten down with the hype before you even start. I find that a six book commitment can be quite daunting when you're not even sure you like the first one yet. I'm fatigued, everyone is writing trilogies.
3 If you could be an author of one already published book, which one would it be?
Probably Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
4 Which genre you’ll never write/read and why?
I'm grown up enough to know that that's a very very silly question, and I'd be silly to answer it.
But once I'm done with playing make pretend, my answer would go something like this:
I'd like to say YA but that wouldn't be true at all. I think I understand it. It's just all the crazy illogical stuff that people are okay with overlooking that bothers me.
I won't get preachy here but Bella offended me because she was so completely and utterly selfish.
5 Do you use bookmarks and which one is your favourite?
Not often, I'm a lifelong and unrepentant dog-earer. If a book doesn't look used then it hasn't been loved. I love nothing more than to bend a book over itself and get lost so deep that I forget I'm reading. Something that I do miss about reading on digitally.
But to answer the question I have an old Exclusive Books (South African equivalent
of Waterstones) bookmark, tattered and black and white given to me years ago by a very good friend.
6 If you could become a character of a book, which book would you pick?
Spider-man. I know that doesn't count as 'books' to most folks but I figure if I ever manage to become even half the man that Peter is I will have done well.
Also - super powers AND a valid excuse to opt out of family gatherings / compulsory black tie events?
Can't be bad.
I'd love to see Karl Urban play my Lucifer, I think he'd be fantastic.
Also Kate Beckinsale as Lilith. I'd be one happy puppy.
8 Which book you’d never admit in public to have read?
Not much shames me I'm afraid.
Although I did read City of Bones last year, not proud of it but I did - do kids really talk like that?
I read 'Girl with a one track mind' once, but I refuse to apologise for that. If I had my life over I'd read it again.
9 Which book character would you marry and why?
Probably Mary-Jane Watson from Spider-man (NOT THE MOVIES, THE COMICS) strong woman are the best type there are. Doesn't hurt that she's not bad on the eyes either.
10 What is the most books/ebooks you’ve ever bought at once?
Do box sets count? In the two weeks after I got my second (current) kindle I think I must have picked up at least 12 books. Haven't even read half of them yet.
11 Write one quote from any book that stayed with you “forever”.
"If we resist our passions, it is due more to their weakness than to our strength"
Alayna Cole @AlaynaMCole from alaynamcole.com --> Alayna's response here
- HD Loughrey @hdloughrey from amwriting.wix.com/hdloughrey --> HD's response here
- Clara Bush @claragbush29 from www.clarabush.com --> Clara's response here
Lucy 'Lady' Jayne from www.lucyjayneauthor.com --> Lucy's Response here
- JR 'EPIC' Barker from www.jrbarker.info
- TP Hogan @TP_Hogan from tphogan.wordpress.com --> TP Hogan's Response here
Marie Hogebrandt @melindrea from smaty.se
Christie Stratos @ChristieStratos from christiestratos.com
Wesley McCraw @WesleyMcCraw from selfwrite.wordpress.com
J. R. Frontera @Lightning_Bug_ from jrfrontera.wordpress.com
1.What books on your night stand right now? I mean really. Photographic proof please.
2. First thing you do when you sit down to write? No lying, Ill know if you're lying.
3. The first fictional character you fell in love with? I'm talking in sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G luuuurrrrvvveee.
4. When and where do you do most of your reading?
5. Is there a book that you absolutely hated, I'm talking fire of a thousand suns kind of stuff.
6. Your favourite thing/item on your writing desk/space? Bobblehead? Nerdy mug? Cat? Lack of cat?
7. What was the last book that you read? and would you recommend it? If not why not?
8. Do you have a default read? Something you keep going back to?
9. Best time of the day to write & preferred beverage to fuel said session?
10. Blue, black or red pen? Please substantiate, there will be brownie points for correct answers.
11. What are the three tracks you have on repeat right now?